Article, January 2009
The Egg & You:
These "eggs" are subversive and fun!
Written by Charles W. Evans,
Reviews Editor, HAL-PC Magazine, July 2009
reviews (at) hal-pc.org
This article has been obtained from APCUG with the author’s permission for publication by APCUG member groups; all other uses require the permission of the author (see e-mail address above).
Crack one open.
Did you ever marvel at the engineering of an egg? What else makes an egg so fascinating, you ask? Enjoy these web sites, from real eggs to man-made eggs, including the "care and feeding" of eggs!
1. I hope you don't think computer programmers are dry as bones and boring as cactus. The fact is, sometimes they will just outright surprise you. Buried within many software applications are delightful, little, hidden, amusing tidbits called "Easter Eggs". Some are ordinary and others will amaze you. Several seasons of “Lost” have eggs. Learn where to find them at: http://www.eggs.com.
2. Next time you crack a farm fresh egg, think about the road it traveled from the hen pen to your plate and all the stuff along the way, plus egg safety. Surf to: http://www.aeb.org.
3. OK, before you read #5 and for those who are chronically egg-chef challenged, the eternal question is now answered here, plus egg selection, separating, poaching (eggs, not deer), etc. Yah, yah, I know, real men don't "separate" eggs, but this site will show you how, for those times when you are alone! Surf to: http://www.fabulousfoods.com/school/csingred/eggs.html or http://www.joyofbaking.com/eggs.html.
4. And now for something completely different. Magnificent manmade eggs, courtesy of Mr. Faberge of Russia. Surf to: http://www.pbs.org/treasuresoftheworld/faberge/fmain.html.
5. The flames of your passion, or whimsy, will explode because there is an egg recipe for all occasions, all tastes and all people. Surf to: http://www.recipelink.com/rcpeggs.html
I know, I know, enough is enough, but I thought this brief foray would be eggsactly perfect to break the doldrums of working at your computer...and the tedium of thinking about your CY2008 taxes.Click here to return to top