Article, August 2006
At the last meeting I've had two people, plus one other since, mention problems restoring system points with Windows XP. After searching Microsoft for a solution and receiving what seemed like hundreds of possible fixes that didn't match my query (http://support.microsoft.com/search/) I searched Google and found (http://bertk.mvps.org/html/srfail.html) which seems quite comprehensive, covering:
All have explicit how-to instructions. If you're having System Restore problems, give it a try.
- If Real Player is installed, update to the latest version,
- Symantec Resource Protection feature of Norton 2006 must be disabled,
- Disable monitored Recovery Partition drives (HP, Compaq, Dell, & others),
- Scan for virus & spyware infection,
- Insure SP2 is installed & updated,
- Insure Task Scheduler and System Restore Service are running,
- Adjust disk space used,
- Test System Restore is functioning correctly, etc.
Click here to return to top